trailers

Before you buy a trailer in the UK you should check if the company sells to France or has a French subsidiary or representative. Why? Because you will have to register your trailer here and in order to do that you will need a Certificat de Conformit which is easily supplied by the company if they are used to dealing in France. I only see two types of trailers here: Ifor Williams and Fautras. I own an Ifor Williams and they charged me 100 for issuing the Certificat de Conformit, however, it only took 30minutes to get the Carte Grise at the Sous Prefecture. I don't know anything about resale values as I've had my trailer for 8 years and don't intend to sell it yet.

Christiane
www.francesw.com

Hi

We bought a new Ifor Williams trailer before coming to France as it worked out cheaper than buying new over here. Yesterday we went to the Perfecture in Evreux (27) and came out with Carte Grise 20 mins later, cost (I think) was 38 euro (either that or 35). Only requirement was Cert of Conformite and ID (we used Carte Sejour). No additional alterations or requirements to the trailer. Obtained the Cert of Conformite from Ifor Williams France in Paris - We have the address etc if anyone needs it. They also have a lady who speaks excellent English! Did it all by post cost 100 euro.

Happy Towing

Jan & David