Tour De France

Goosey

Typical French website very flash very complex to navigate. Click on the route, then select The Route in Flash when it has stopped drawing the route there are buttons to the left which will describe the route day by day. If you know exactly the area ;local tourist office may have advice /leaflets already available.

http://www.letour.fr/2004/presentationus/profil10.html

http://www.letour.fr/2004/presentationus/parcours_flash2.html

My cousin and her (frenc) husband are coming over from the US especially for the Tour this year, and as a stage finishes at Gueret which is less than 30 minutes from our house in france we are all looking forward to July.

Bob

• 4 months later...
Has anyone read Tim Moore's book, "French Revolutions", about his attempt to cycle the Tour route? All very tongue-in-cheek and a lot of poetic licence, but I found the description of his attempts to find out the tour route from officials hilarious. It reminded me of every encounter I have ever had with French bureaucracy.

Liz (99)

• 1 month later...
A useful site for all things connected to professional cycling is a Dutch website (but written in English)www.cycling4all.com Up to date information on the TdF route - teams - results etc.

Sad to see that with David Millar being banned from riding this year that it will be the first time there has not been a British rider at the start for many years.

Brian

The organisers have now published the whole route - it can be found on: www.letour.fr

I am going out for a few days and my tip to anyone who has never seen the race, is get there early to soak up the atmosphere and have a great day. See you there.

RW

• 3 weeks later...