LOCAL WALKS

I agree the bleau serie maps are very good. For books and leaflets on walks try your local Tourist Information Office, we are in the Aude and everytime we go into one we buy a book. Also some of the mags in the Presse look for walking magazines the equivelent of our Trail and Country Walking. That said the map will enable you to work out your own walks and shows the long distance Grand Randonees that exist in your area.

arthur

[quote]HI FORUM, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I WILL FIND MAPS AND INFO ON LOCAL WALKS. WE ARE NEAR ROUMAZIERES-LOUBERT(16)CHARENTE. WE HAVE BEEN ON THE WEB ON THE SEARCH ENGINES FOR THIS BUT WITH NO SUCCESS. ...[/quote]

Very little info on web for Charente Try local supermarkets for local books ,tourist info centre,or very often in village square or near marie you will find a map with the walking routes

• 3 weeks later...
Look out for the series of booklets 'Les Départements de France à pied'. There are 100 altogether so there's a fair chance your area is covered. They are based on the blue maps. They are published by FFRP (Fédération Française de las Randonée Pédestre), 14 rue Ricquet, 75019 Paris. I don't know if there is a web site or e-mail address. We bought ours in Leclerc, you should be able to find them on Amazon.