Rugby in Limousine and Cruese

josa

Hi - I am regularly in Limousine (87) on border with Cruese. I want to find out about any local rugby clubs in the area - (not professionals like Brive, but local social rugby) - I know of one near me in Treniac, but I don't know much about the club - can anyone let me know more about them and also can anyone tell me of other clubs in the area?

Thanks - JD

[quote]Hi - I am regularly in Limousine (87) on border with Cruese. I want to find out about any local rugby clubs in the area - (not professionals like Brive, but local social rugby) - I know of one near me...[/quote]

Ask the villagers where you live about it. Buy a local newspaper and it will have the latest 'ragot' on the latest match played. By seeing several clubs when there is a fixture will give you an idea of how well they are organised on the field, in the committee and changing rooms...

Frequent the local 'Café des Sports' or wherever supporters and players happen to hang out pre and post match.... Butt in, politely and discretly, into their conversations.Ask questions...When are the next fixtures? Who is the coach? Do they need someone on the benches? Are they recruiting new players?

I found the rugby fraternity far more welcoming and less childish than the soccer one. My apologies to anyone who is a soccer fan but I just do not understand the mentality of the supporters and players alike in the least.

BEAM ME UP SCOTTIE when a soccer match is on!!

You are the only person who will be best placed to find out about them and make up your mind if this club or that club is the one to join...

Le XV de France next? ...

Best wishes with the search!