A reel poser for fisherfolk!?

JayJay

Hello,

I guess you are talking about a Shimano baitrunner reel rather than a baitmaster?If so then there are a number of Shimano carp reels that use '1000' in the model description so i am afraid you need to be a bit more specific and give the exact model required for carp fishing.For carp fishing purposes any Shimano baitrunner with a line capacity of at least 250 yards of 12lb line should be a good bet...for example an Aero Gte B-8000 which should cost about 150-200 euros in France and would certainly cover most carp fishing needs.Next you just need to find a good local tackle shop that sells Shimano reels.

kind regards,

Bob

Hello Bob

Thankyou for your reply. Sorry, i must admit, i don't know what i was asking about, it was just a request from my cousin. I'll have to check on the name again but i'm sure he'll be happy with the info you've posted though.

Thanks once again

jayjay

i think this is the reel your cousin wants ...........

SHIMANO SUPER BAITRUNNER AERO 10000XTE
The 10K as popular bankside jargon dubs this magnificent reel, has 30% extra spool capacity over the current 6000 & 8000 size Baitrunners. Line is thus wound over a bigger diameter, placing it under less tension. The upshot is longer casts, unimpaired by embedding or whiplash. Add the attributes of Shimano's technology plus 11 ball bearing equivalent performance for a genuine stand alone ball bearing equivalent performance for a genuine stand alone big fish reel. Spare polished aluminium spool supplied.
Line Capacity: 10000XTE 12lb-380m
Gear Ratio: 4.5 to 1
Weight: 573grm
10000XTE £159.99 Leslies Price £94.99
10000XTE Spare Spool - Code RD7393 £19.99

if he is comeing over from england then he would be wise to buy it there , tackle is much cheaper in england than france (no doubt why my french  mates keep asking  me to bring bits over for them :wow

if you have a mondial peche  near you, they stock quite a good range .

hope this helps .