Fishing in Normandy

bagwash

We have a house in region 27 south of Rouen and sandwiched between Bernay and Orbec. Very pretty country but then where isn't?. I am probably going to regret sending this email but I can not stand by and see my darling husband in anguish. You see he is a keen fisherman particularly carp. I have tried to find lakes where he could purchase day tickets or even join on an annual basis but it seems that no one wants to know unless you want to spend a holiday in their resort.

Cany anybody help? 

I don't go fishing myself, but do know, as you do, that there are a fair number of fishing lakes in the region. These lakes are mostly privately run so I suppose it is up to the owners whether or not they issue day tickets. I would have thought it would be in their interests to do so, particularly out of season, but I suppose they know their business far better than I do.

As an alternative, you can buy fishing permits, they used to be available through the tabac (I think they probably still are), but round here most of the best bits of water seem to be controlled by the local sociétés de pêche, so the best move might be to become a member of one or more. The mairie or tourist office will probably be able to put you in touch with those for your area.

Your husband should visit the nearest fishing tackle shop where he will find all the info. on local fishing lakes.

The English owned lakes are all geared up for the booming English carp angling holiday business so are rarely available for day ticket fishing,however as the holiday season usually ends in November he may be able to obtain a winter day ticket on some of these waters.

I hope you are succesful.

Cheers,jim.