horsebackriding in dordogne???

Chantal

Hi I'm looking for people who, same as me, like horses and everything that has to do with horses.
here in the area are not much horses. just a couple of work horses from french farmers. but not really for riding and stuff.
maybe it's fun to meet sometimes and ride together or something. I live near Thiviers (corgnac sur l'Isle). and I'm 16 years old.

Chantal.

[quote user="Chantal"]

here in the area are not much horses. just a couple of work horses from french farmers. but not really for riding and stuff.

maybe it's fun to meet sometimes and ride together or something.[/quote]

Hi Chantal,

I don't live that far from you (about 45 minutes) and there are loads of riding stables and pony-clubs near here - I can think of at least 5 with-in twenty minutes of here.

This is the link to the FFE and the page that lists all the registered clubs: click [url=https://www.telemat.org/FFE/sif/?cs=4.b39d4fda2ab03b14c0723bd589000c37aee3] here[/url] for the clubs in Dordogne.

I can recommend a very friendly place where my daughter (aged 8 and completely horse-mad) goes but it may be too far from you. PM me if you'd like to know more.

EDIT: I've just checked your location and you are probably about 45 minutes from us.

[quote user="Suze"][quote user="Chantal"]
maybe it's fun to meet sometimes and ride together or something.[/quote]

Hi Chantal,

I don't live that far from you (about 45 minutes) and there are loads of riding stables and pony-clubs near here - I can think of at least 5 with-in twenty minutes of here.

This is the link to the FFE and the page that lists all the registered clubs: click [url=https://www.telemat.org/FFE/sif/?cs=4.b39d4fda2ab03b14c0723bd589000c37aee3] here[/url] for the clubs in Dordogne.

I can recommend a very friendly place where my daughter (aged 8 and completely horse-mad) goes but it may be too far from you. PM me if you'd like to know more.

EDIT: I've just checked your location and you are probably about 45 minutes from us.
[/quote]

ok thnx. I found one about 20 minutes from us. I'm going to check that out next week. but that's really a club. I'm looking for someone who just rides for fun, hacking and stuff. preferably english or dutch, I don't speak french(yet[:P])

I'm seeing an English friend tomorrow (locally) who has two horses,  she may be OK if you want  to go over and ride with her - she has offered me to go out riding in the past (and I'm not a very good rider!).  I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Hi Chantal,

There are lots of organised hacks in summer in this area (around Excideuil) if you like hacking. I would recommend going along to your local centre equestre as it will help you to meet other horse mad teenagers and you may find some live near you and you can arrange to meet up to go hacking etc. I will find out for you over the next couple of days the best local centre equestres for you to go to that have good activities for your age group. Don't despair, there are LOTS of horses around here and lots of competitions etc. Re. your french, the best thing to do is meet a french girl to hack out with and your french will soon improve. If you are at school here you are sure to meet some people who like horses. I know a couple of girls about your age who are horse mad who go to Excideuil (not sure if that's where you go) and although they don't have their own horses I am sure they have friends who do. The next time they come to the yard I will ask them and put you in touch with them. Hope this helps.

Laura