Reserve de Peche

OH has been looking out for some good fishing spots here in Aveyron and we have seen the following sign:

"Reserve de Peche - Frayeres Sandre"

Could someone confirm exactly what this sign means please?  I think it means you can still fish in this area, but not when the Zander are spawning.  How close am I? [Www]

Any info greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Lou.

Lou, I think you would be on rather dodgy ground, it's a protected zone, the fact that someone? had removed a sign might leave you with some difficult questions to answer, ever been pulled in by the French authorities?  Frankly, if someone removed one of my signs and I found someone on my land I would have no hesitation in starting proceedings.

Chris

Dick, Entrée Interdite is normally used on private fishing lakes where fishing can take place with the owners consent, payment or otherwise. Reserve de Peche or Peche Interdite means that nobody can fish including the owners. If it's a fishery there will be a licence in place for the removal and transport of the fish to other specified waters.

Chris

I think that there is elevage at the lake, and some private fishing, but the fish are transported elsewhere. There is only a field-boundary track leading to it, and we never see anything other than his little van rouge.  It's a pity, because it is very picturesque, lots of birds as well.

Ownership and being allowed to do something can be different.  I live in a water mill.  The river runs through the house and I own the land on both sides of the mill channel for some way up and down stream.  However, I was clearly and un-ambiguously told (by the Notaire) that if I want to fish I must buy a license – even if I fish on my own land, in my own mill pond or channel, etc. I still need to buy a license (though can apparently get one half priced).

More than that I don’t understand (mainly as I’m not interested in fishing).  Just that ownership does not always/necessarily give you fishing rights.

Ian