Radio control models in the Dordogne.

Hi All

Is there any radio control freaks in the Bergerac area for flying model aircraft or helicopters.

I am going to go round to the see if there is anybody at the Bergerac club on Sunday it is near the airport.

Regards Peter

We're not far from Bergerac (Belves) and they meet up at the local airfield sometimes and fly models, some quite big (a four engined  B17 a few weeks back), but there doesn't seem to be a dedicated club. In Periguex there is a superb R/C car track, but again no club info (I've been looking for a club for my r/c unlimited hydro, and Bluebird k3), maybe it's a solitary pursuit in France

I wish you both luck. In have been looking for a radio control glider club around here for nearly 3 years now. I think I'm a bit closer now. One thing is the cost of changing to the French frequencies, 41 and possibly 72 (used by air and surface). I have just opted for the new 2.4gig kit and am waiting to receive a new 2.4gig RF module for my JR transmitter along with a couple of receivers.

35 meg is not allowed here, the only country in Europe. But with the 2.4 gig kit you won't have to worry about frequency clashes because of the spread spectrum technology it uses. Got to be woth it!!