Permis de Chasse - training/exam.

I am looking to obtain a Permis de Chasse and have been checking options via a French book on the subject.

The practical is straightforward, but seems to vary from place to place. The written exam I can pass, depending on the vocabulary used....eg. I don't know the names of every bird in French and a few other funnies like collective nouns and names of immature creatures like "piglet" or "signet" etc. Also in my area the locals have local dialect names for most animals and birds....

It was suggested (in the book) that a weekend school may be the way to go as it would be less ad hoc and there would presumably be time for translations.

Anyone had any experience in this?

Cheers

Bob W.

In the absence of other replies - husband took this test a few years ago and failed by a couple of points. It was a "vote for joe" type test of about 20 questions and the vocabulary was no more than that in the manual he bought to study from. A lot to learn, I read it with him. Have you got that manual? About half the people failed. He studied with a friend (english) who also failed but went on to repeat the test and passed. I read an article in our local paper today which said that many people study for and take the test not to go hunting, but to find out about wildlife. The weekend school sounds a good idea. Pat.

Thanks for the replies.

I have using the online tests, they help as I am 50/50 now and only losing out on the vocab. I have also ordered the book.

I was more worried about the local ad hoc nature of this, with a structured school I would feel comfortable.

I will post what I find out.

Cheers

Bob