Any cyclists out there?!!!

Mauhoum

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the 'dale finally arrived three weeks after I ordered it (could have cycled it here quicker!) thanks to Evans Cycles making a real mess of my French address.

Aluminium frame with carbon forks, black radially aero spoked wheels and a race red paint job. It looks the business, unfortunately I could only afford the Tiagra groupset for it, it functions well, but weighs more than 105. Still, the frame is the important thing, as I can upgrade the groupset as things break/wear out.

The bike weighs a lot less than the old Peugeot, and climbs way better. For the same effort I can climb in one gear higher than before, something I'm sure I'll appreciate in the Pyrenees!!

Taken a couple of pics, but haven't yet downloaded them off the camera. I'll post one as soon as I get around to it.

Tony

OK I downloaded the pics this morning, here's a photo of my new bike. All shiny and new, I'll try and keep it clean, I promise!!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/Mauhoum/DCP_3164.jpg[/IMG]

Hope you like it

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Raindog

Cool pic, Vitus are a nice bike. Noticed you have the same toolbag as me, Decathlon Rockrider!!

Yes the difference in my climbing ability is notably better with the Cannondale (I need it to be!) Went out this evening and hammered up one of my many local climbs, even though I'm fatigued from working on young (very low) vines. I couldn't have done the same with the old bike, can't wait to get back into the Pyrenees. Going to start with a couple of climbs around Jaca in Spain, before attacking the Col de Soulor after the snow has melted!

Happy riding

Tony