Australian Open Tennis

mint

Looks like it as an exclusive on Eurosport.

Eurosport Fr is a pay channel on the TNT, the Australian Open seems to be covered on Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2.

Have you got a friend with access to Eurosport or it can be watched on PC with Eurosport Player at € 4,99/mois.

The German Eurosport 1 is free on SD Digital on Astra 1, it is live at the moment and continues en direct through the night; the tennis then continues until 14:00 in the afternoon with recorded repeats.

Watching tennis is not my thing and even less through the night.

The Africa Cup of Nations starts this week on Eurosport.

http://tv.eurosport.fr/

Update the evening games are on at a reasonable time in europe, so staying up all night is not sensible.

A bit of light drizzle at moment so as a test I am watching Hewitt V Roddick in the Second Round.

Thr german commentator informs that this game is the second of the night games and this one is 2 all after 15 minutes.

It is 08:59 evening according to the Rolex clock, an antipodal thing.

TF1 have links with Eurosport so maybe Quarters on TF1.

Just as well I am no longer paying the BBC licence fee, Pacha, or I would be fuming by now.

They are only going to broadcast the women's final, one men's semi-final and the men's final. 

But, they have the money to put on wall-to-wall reality shows![+o(]

What happens to "inform, entertain and educate"?

Lord Reith would be turning in his grave.........!

Hah, what 8 hours?

The match lasted under 5?

It was exactly the outcome I predicted and wished for........

Don't bother with the women's final tomorrow:  you'll get busted ear-drums from the screeching but Sunday morning should be unmissable![:D]

Pacha, for once, I cannot predict the outcome of tomorrow's men's final.

So, don't really know whether to reccomend that you watch as you are not tennis mad like I am.

I always root for Nadal but honestly don't know whether I fancy his chances until I know what physical shape Djoko is after his semi against Murray.

Just watch the first set or so and see if it's worth continuing?

Me, I expect to be glued to the TV until, as the footballers like to say, we get a result![:D]

I may just watch some of it.

I always enjoyed playing tennis.

Buy a 3D TV lends itself to sport in general but to tennis in particular, as the cameras are always behind the baseline.

The cameras focus in optical parlance on the tennis ball so the 3D effect is accentuated by the sensible use of the medium and the natural rationality of the eyesight following the ball.

Not sure about 5 hours though.

Starts at 9:30 CET on Eurosport DE.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Why couldn't I?

Never have liked the guy.............sorry, Frecoss, I know he's your compatriot but, there it is [blink]

[/quote]

Well there's no doubt he can be dour, and he mumbles, and he's rather self-obsessed BUT lately he has improved in articulacy, seems more self-critical and plays some spanking tennis. His semi-final match was equally as inspired as What's'is name's. You have to like a tryer.......don't you?

By the way, I knew I shouldn't have watched him: he always loses when I do, but I was trying to break the jinx.

Excellent match.

Now they can all go to bed.

They were playing when I woke up.

They were playing when I finished my breakfast.

They were playing when I went to the gym.

They were still playing when I got back.

And then I got to see them STILL playing while I ate my lunch.

And, as I write this, Nadal is making his speech in his second language.

Stamina or what???

[quote user="Polremy"]Excellent match. Now they can all go to bed. They were playing when I woke up. They were playing when I finished my breakfast. They were playing when I went to the gym. They were still playing when I got back. And then I got to see them STILL playing while I ate my lunch. And, as I write this, Nadal is making his speech in his second language. Stamina or what???[/quote]

[:D]