Last time probably

Tonyfuller

I've been working in the garden for a few weeks now, tidying up, getting an estimate to have the garden finished (I started a major overhaul a couple of years ago but never had time to fin ish it because of a new job, since retired but too unwell to complete it myself), I've been pruning, today I dug over the raised bed that we use for herbs and veg, have taken down some old fencing and ordered the replacement panels - and then I realised that this is likely to be the last year that I do this in the UK.

We've lived in the house for nearly 20 years and have transformed the garden from a very old 'corporation park' garden (the old guy who lived here prior to us worked in the Parks Dept and obviously used their overstock for the garden) have planted and then cut trees, have seen sheds go, then be replaced, greenhouses etc - BUT no more, this time next year we hope to be in France, diffent sort of gardening, different weather patterns, different planting regimes and hopefully room for a proper soft fruit cage and bees. And a bigger herb bed for me to use when I cook (J doesn't cook, that's my job).

It's really quite scary but very exciting.

Tony Fuller

What a wonderful hobby gardening is - no sooner have you waved farewell to one project or season than you are planning the next, or even the one after that.

Good Luck with your new venture, I'm sure your French garden will give you every bit as much pleasure as your English one.

Gay