aubergines and cherry trees

Fmn

First - aubergines.  Do I pinch out the side shoots like tomatoes and support with a stick?

Second - cherry trees. We have two - one earlier than the other and both giving crops that I am well pleased with, but there is a seeping of sap at various 'joints' and they have both had a large amount of dead leaves/flowers appearing in bunches that are unsightly but not appearing to affect the crop in general.  Is this likely to affect the whole tree if I don't do something about it, and if so, what do I do that's gentle and non-invasive? Or shall I ignore it?

Thanks

Fran

hi, not sure about aubergines, I've never pinched mine out and I still get a good crop.

About the cherry, we had a young one which survived a couple of years but when the "bunching" you talk about was excessive (i think caused by aphids/blackfly)the plant finally died just after producing a few cherries. If your plants are strong & mature you might not need to treat. However a regular blast with bordeaux mix and possibly something for the aphids/blackfly might do it good. Either way if you have time keep a regular eye on them

good luck