Service time

Pun

Here in dept 23 yesterday was like a spring day, very mild and the sun was trying to get out,

Winter is still a lot to do time in the gardening world, I spent most of the day giving the small rotovator and ride on lawn mower a service,

done  the works on both ie oil and filter change new spark plugs cleaned all metal and plastic body work and run the engine's to empty the carbs and then drained the fuel tanks, I keep the battery charged up, about everty 4 weeks give it a little chage to keep the charge up, check the water is covering the lead.

Im going to spend some time cleaning and treating the hand tools ie spades forks etc,and if time I,ll prune the fruit trees and then winter spray, its the time to start planning the veg area, not long now and the garden brico section will be getting stocked up ready for the early spuds etc.

Good gardening.

[quote user="Pun"]

............its the time to start planning the veg area, not long now and the garden brico section will be getting stocked up ready for the early spuds etc.

[/quote]

It could be a while before I think about planting anything here in N Lot. The moleman was here yesterday and one of the holes he had dug (no more than 9" deep) to set his traps had nearly 2" of water in the bottom.

But doubtless we wll be complaining about lack of rainfall etc in July.

Joh

not

Hi Iceni,

Those moles can be a bloody  headache, we had them all last summer, I tried a few different ways of killing them and found the beeping solar one the best,

Ive not any hills in the garden just now but to be fair the pool people have dug a huge pit and hit the mains water pipe, so that was 7 weeks ago and this may have drowned the moles or all the noise of the machines etc may have scared them away for now.

But when the seed   potatoes come in the shops they need chitting for a while anyway, and nows a good time for burning all that garden dry waste, lots still to do.

Anyway good luck with the moles,