Can I sell my veggie surplus

Toodlepips

Are there any legalities that I need to bear in mind if I wanted to sell excess goodies from my veggie patch - from my property, not on a market stall or anything like that.  Just people passing by on their way home etc.

I wouldn't expect to make very much money - I hate to see anything go to waste though.  Although something tells me the tax people wouldn't take such a laid back attitude... so, is there anything I need to do to stay out of trouble!

You have surplus  ?   I am lucky if anything ever survives here in France. I planted stacks last summer and virtually nothing at the end of it and also this winter I have planted Sprouts, cauliflower and cabbages and they are the same size as when I planted. I am begining to think it is a better idea to just buy in our local market instead as I spent quite a bit of money buying plants and even strawberry plants from last year did not fruit either.  

I second what Chris has written in the Vendee there are loads of people with signs out selling fruit and veg.....you can also barter your surplus for services .......... my wife cut a guys hair for  one bottle of local Cave red in an Evian bottle  together with a bag of wall nuts and windfall apples .....We drank the wine while the hair was being cut ......an offer to cut the lawn has also been made for hair cutting ...thats the French way....enjoy !