Has anyone successfully grown lemon trees...

mint

[quote user="pachapapa"]

[quote user="HEZ"]I have had a few Lemon trees here but they have not survived the winter outside in a pot on the patio. At the moment I am growing another from a pip and its about 6 inches high. I have also bought a lime tree this year and that is just going to blossom so fingers crossed. I also have an advocado on the go. Its in a pot about 18 inches now. Our dog ate the last one so I hope this one survives now he is older. I will take the citrus trees into the garden room for the winter though this time. [:)]
[/quote]

Strange your dog eating a tree.

But they do like the fruit. I had a large tree in Zambia with acute hearing. If they all suddenly got up it was a sign that an avocado had dropped off the tree.

[/quote]

That's the tallest tale I have ever heard, Pacha!

It was a very small tree and he liked laying next to it. He was a puppy at the time and all vegetation interested him for some reason. He demolished a bowl of irises too and liked eating fushias. Anyway, I ended up with a stump and it died. I even put a wire cage round it after his first attempt but it didnt deter him at all. I lost my last apricot tree as well when someone threw his ball and he ploughed straight through it.