Fiskars garden tools.

Jonzjob

We have quite a lot of their tools and when things started to wear, like cutting blades on secateurs, etc. We couldn't find any in the garden centres. So I contacted Fiskars direct and they said no problems and sent the relacements free of charge.

Their service has been second to none and they may be a bit more to buy than lots of other stuff, but in the price is very good quality and service.

The latest thing was that the cord/tape on their telescopic branch lopper was wearing. It has had a tremendous amount of stick and will cut any live wood that will fit in the jaws, up to about 1 1/2"! I contacted Fiskars France but they didn't come back with the info, so I contacted the U.K. and a few days later, yesterday, a new cord kit arrived and I spent an interesting afternoon fitting it.

I would recomend them to anyone. Yes, you can get cheaper kit, but will it last for 10 years of a lot of cutting in a 3000 sq metre garden??

Good companies recognise the importance of good Customer service and communications, it doesnt take them a lot of time and the cost is minimal but the benefit priceless like the good feedback they are getting here which on other media that I dont use like Fessbook spreads even more virally.

And then we read above graphically the paradox that companies with a presence in several countries have to face up to, they try their best to instill their corporate culture from the top down, in countries like the states or the UK you will be treated well from the cleaners to the CEO, and then you get the French divisions of such companies where you are treated consistenty but either consistently badly or consistently ignored.

Its not the first time I have experienced an overseas parent company having to make up for the deficiencies of their French division.