Flat bed ironing press

Suzyq

Hi there Suzy

I had one, it looked good stuffed in the back of the cupboard and I sold it at a car boot sale eventually - total waste of space - you fiddle to get the sheet on it at the right angle and the bits hanging down get all crumpled - and as for shirts - do me a favour - I went out and bought 10 non-iron shirts for he who travelled a lot and so needed 2 weeks worth and then found I needed a tumble dryer so bought one of those - would never be without one again. I now have a very cheap (relative) steam iron with a steam chamber. I also have one of those ironing board covers they advertise which is thick and you can wet before you start.

So I dampen down the cover, have the chamber fully heated and off I jolly well go. It uses less water than a conventional steam iron and works faster. Probably three time cheaper than the Singer model (which mine was).

Hope this helps and I hope someone else out there actually made good use of one.

Di

http://www.iceni-it.co.uk

I've just bought an Esken steam press from laredoute.fr and I love it. Its useless for ironing shirts but there is little requirement for us now, but ironing the sheets is almost a pleasure! This year is our first season so nothing prepared us for ironing acres of sheets in 40 degrees.
Jackie