another recipe

Hello all,
I've just had 4 people here for a week and tried a number of recipes out on them. Here is a fab, easy pud. (Gordon Ramsey's latest book) Serves four.

Roast Peaches with Pain Perdu.
4 Peaches
3-4 tbls icing sugar
4 slices of brioche
2 tbls olive oil
100 gm butter (doux)
2 eggs

Preparation:
Peal the peaches - drop into boiling water for 30 seconds, take out of the water - the skins should come off easily.

Cut the peaches into segments.
beat the eggs and put in a shallow dish

Method:
heat 50 gm butter in a frying pan until foaming, add the peaches and sprinkle over the icing sugar. Toss together for a couple of minutes until the peaches have soften slightly, remove from the pan and keep warm.

Wipe out the pan with kitchen paper, add the olive oil and butter and put back on the heat

dip the brioche in the egg (both sides) and fry for about 45 seconds each side - should go golden brown.

Remove from pan, top with peaches, add some creme fraiche.. yummy ..
more to come soon!
Graham

Graham, I know why you post here but feel your talents would reach an even wider audience in the food and drink section. I only look in here occasionally but was thrilled to find some of your suggestions. I thought my red wine sauce was pretty good but when I followed your recipe last night have to concede defeat, it was superb, everyone said so. It's all in the reducing, isn't it? Though what a terrible waste of wine. And I'm delighted to at last find a way of keeping rolled fish in shape (wrapping it in cling film and leaving it overnight is brilliant). Many thanks.

Margaret