Regulations for B&B

Suzyq

Thanks Suze for the info/link - others may be interested to know that there is also info re tables d'hotes on the following link.

http://www3.ccip.fr/inforeg/fiches/pdf/table_hote.pdf

We have also been researching this subject in some depth and have discovered a legal document NAF (APE) 552E which covers the rules for running chambre d'hotes. Our understanding of this document is that a chambre d'hote must be a registered with the chambre de commerce as a business if:

a) it produces a turnover in excess of 150,000 francs (my copy of the document is 3 years old, so I don't know the current euro equivalent)

OR

b) the income from the chambre d'hotes represents more than 50% of your total income.

The document also sets out all other legal requirements, e.g. minimum room sizes, displaying of tarifs, info to be shown on an invoice, etc....

We haven't been able to find a copy of this document on the internet, but we have obtained our copy from the chambre de commerce.

Website http://www.apce.com may be of assistance - they seem to sell a book about how to set up and run a chambre d'hotes.

There seems to be a lot of comments on other threads saying that you don't need to be registered with the cdc to operate a chambres d'hotes.
If this is the case where are you getting your information from ??? (because we want to believe you !!)

regards.
JP

>The Chambre de Commerce and Industrie
>in Paris have set out
>regulations for all Chambres d'Hotes
>in France; this is whether
>or not the owners are
>linked to Gites de France:
>
>Link for downloading the information:
>
>http://www3.ccip.fr/inforeg/fiches/pdf/chambres_hote.pdf
>
>
>Suze

Suze,

My acrobat reader 2.1 is refusing to open the document, telling me there is an error of some kind.

Are the regulations draconinan or just a "trim up" here and there ?

Normally our monthly brochure from GDF will keep us up to date and well informed but sometimes it can be so boring with stories about gites in other regions that I file it away for another day (and never see it again !)

Miki

It took me a time to read this so I now have a English version if anyone is interested.

There were a few things I found interesting

A2 - You must provide handicaped access

A3 - Grants are available for renovation and adaption.

B1 If you clean the room, supply a breakfast and supply other activities OR it is your main source of income then you MUST register it as a company and with the RCS (who ever they are).

B4 If you use a agency (such as for example GDF) then all bookings must come through them and they must manage your rooms.

What about these cards for foreign clients i.e. getting them and sending them to the police every day?

The above points are as I interpreted them so I am willing to except any corrections.

Q