Registration Update.

Gastines

We have received today details ref registration from the Chambre De Commerce. Contrary to most of the info given, it informs us that it is obligatory to register! We have informed them of the number of rooms,(3 X 2 & I X 1 ) and we are advised ref.Activites Reglementees of 05/03/03 you must register if you provide any service,cleaning the room,breakfast,towels etc.It also advises about assurance requirements.So, we intend to follow the legal route and see where we end up.We do not have a scanner facility ;,we are amateurs at this lark as well; so we can't put the forms on here to help anyone else.I presume you will get the same advice from your local C.d.C. Next step third visit to the Hotel Des Impots, todate it seems no one is sure what to do with us! I hope this doesn't cause more headaches!Regards.35.

LAST EDITED ON 28-Jan-04 AT 12:18 PM (GMT)

Well if that is what they have told you, then do as they say.

<<<<<,are advised ref.Activites Reglementees of 05/03/03 you must register if you provide any service,cleaning the room,breakfast,towels etc.>>>>>>>

That part is strange, how on earth can one do Chambres d'htes without cleaning the room, supplying towels and GIVING breakfasts, which with G de Fr is always in the nightly fee.

If you take a look through the extremely large Gites de Charmance (ex G de Fr chambres d'htes)guide book, I would wager that a large percentage of those chambres d'htes know through other legal channels that is not neccessarily the case.

All the ones we exchange our "overs" with are NOT registered with the C de C and legally trade as a B&B and most are with G de Fr or Clvacances.

Miki

Even more confusing isn't it? We are going to Hotel Des Impots tomorrow, and have an appointment with the C. de C. next week. I am trying to put all the relevant points together to end up with an absolute answer, if possible in writing, so if any body knocks at the door I have the relevant bits of paper.I will keep you posted.I believe the major problem with our enquiries, and many other peoples, is that we don't fit in the normal categary.The lady at local C.de D. did fax Paris office for up to date info! On another point ref saturation of Gite's, and last year's lower booking rate for some,I wonder how much of this is because of the horrendous ferry fares at any season? Each time we book I usually make 3 phone calls to Brittany alone, and usually end up with 3 different prices as well!Regards.35.