B & B Registration.

Gastines

Update. So far we have now a Siret number etc,done the extra house insurance and have been to the S.S, They told us to get E 106 from Newcastle and let the Chambre De Commerce sort the rest out. We have been told to go early March,for opening April.All depts. have told us that it is obligatory to register! Thanks for help given on this site. If we have any more news I will update again. Also just found the Community News site,one day too late for the curry evening at the Oyster Catcher,but will watch for the next event.Regards. 35.

LAST EDITED ON 16-Feb-04 AT 07:33 PM (GMT)

>Update. So far we have now
>a Siret number etc,done the
>extra house insurance and have
>been to the S.S, They
>told us to get E
>106 from Newcastle

Gastines,

I think you have gone out of sync. Did you go to the CPAM before the Ch de Com?

You have registered at the Ch de Com and still gone to the CPAM. They normally will not be your caisse de sant. You will have to chose a Caisse de Sant, which in your case, is probably OK to chose Redevance (ex Mutuelle Action)just along the road from the Ch de Com in Saint Malo.

You have registered at the Ch de Com, you are now registered with all the lovely cotisation people, who very soon, will be after the shirt on your back (OK, that's a little joke but..)

You won't need an E106 as the mutuelles will soon be sending you their offers. Did you not make a choice of pension, and sant organisations whilst you were at the Ch de Commerce? They often ask you then and there, so it can all get started without delay.

The E106 is really for those not intending to register a business in France but simply to cover their first couple of years in France for health cover at around 70% remboursement.

>and let
>the Chambre De Commerce sort
>the rest out. We have
>been told to go early
>March,for opening April.All depts. have
>told us that it is
>obligatory to register!

I still say they are not feeding you the correct info. At this moment in time, the laws do not insist on Chambres (under a certain number) or Gtes(also under a certain number) being registered at the Ch de Commerce.

Thanks for
>help given on this site.
>If we have any more
>news I will update again.
>Also just found the Community
>News site,one day too late
>for the curry evening at
>the Oyster Catcher,but will watch
>for the next event.Regards. 35.

See you there Gastines, you can buy me a pint !!

Miki

We went to the Chamber of Commerce in Limoux today to start the registration process as we are very keep to pay our social charges being that the wife and I need drugs to keep us going. We took a bilingual translator with us who translated EVERY word that was spoken. Well worth the 30 I can tell you.

We asked about a Micro Enterprise and were strongly recommended not to go down that route especially as the system is going to change. The only thing he said was that the changes would not be in our favour but would not say more.

We will have to have a CDS irregardless of the other information we have read here and has given us a letter to take to Prefecture in Carcassonne. He only wants to see proof that we have applied for one.

We will have to pay 43.49 and 40 to join which is compulsory for Chambres Dhote.

We will have to pay 2,538 for cotistations for the first year and 3,746 for the second year after which it will be calculated on our profit. We can however write a letter to those who collect the money giving our anticipated profit and have this figure adjusted down or wait till the third year when we can either get a refund or charged more depending on the actual profit over the first two years. This will cover both me and the wife which to be honest is quite cheap compared to the UK except the fact that you have to pay it in one lump sum of course.

He then asked if we had a Carte Vital which we did and asked to see the paperwork. Ours runs out in May 2006 and guess what he told us. We are already covered and to come back in 2006.

With regards to tax we were told to tell them our profit and we will pay tax on that excluding our tax allowances.

I expect to get some comments on this so I will finish by saying this it what happened to me in my area and as always it seems to be different from one place to another.