Road Signage/ Advertising

Carrick

Hi

Does anyone know the regulations in relation to putting up signage on approach roads to your B&B. Do you need permission? If so where do you start?

We will be opening in the spring in Villefranche de Conflent. We have just signed up with French Connections, do you have any other recommendations as to where we should advertise etc.

As any of you who have been in this position before, you can imagine how much we have to do in the new year.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It depends if you are insde a village ot not. Basically if you are in a village then you should approach the mayor if you are outside you need to see the DDE. There are resitrictions about distance form the side of the road, I can'r remember what they are now.

Re advertising, this has been dealt with in this part of the forum before, just have a look through. There might be some more infor in the Gites bit as well.

Thanks

We are not inside the village walls. I will look into the the DDE and see what we can come up with. We have about 120 metres of main road frontage with the river Tet dividing us from the road. I presume that there is no restriction for a sign in our garden. We will see if we need permision anyway.

Thanks again,