Sign Writing?

Good morning from Villefranche de Conflent

We are presently looking to get some nice signs for our gate and a couple of roadsigns;

Has anyone any suggestions for a good supplier, preferably English speaking?

Anny suggestions are welcome,

Thanks

What are you doing re permission to erect the road signs?

I gather there's someone at the DDE that approves such things. Our neighbours (French) erected a sign which looks OK to me but were told to take it down within a couple of weeks as it didn't meet the DDE regulations.

Arnold

Thanks Mikey

I will try Brian on Monday

Hi Arnold

I have been with the DDE and you are entitled to put up 4x signs in the area. There are restrictions as to the distance from the village and the distance from the roadside. On private property you can also erect signage.

The guy in the DDE was very helpful and as far as I can gather, once we have the signs and they look OK, they will actually erect them for us, provided we supply all the materials.

Is there a note of the restrictions?

You need permission from the land owner to erect signs on private property.

What do they mean by "materials"? ie do you just need to hand them a sign, or do you need the supports to go along with it? I could easily be talked into this if our DDE are as helpful.

Quillan mentioned on another current thread that he paid 1500€ for four signs (2 big, 2 little). I'd be interested in the money you're quoted when you call Brian.

Actually, I wouldn't mind nipping round to see what you get for the money. We're about 40 minutes from you.

Arnold