Cheques de Vacances

Cassis

Anybody in B&B take these?  I've had a couple of enquiries this year asking if we take them and haven't lost any bookings by not doing so - do you get featured in any sort of guide in return for taking these?  There's a 1% and minimum 2€ charge each time you return them to ANCV and payment takes 21 days, so it needs to bring in business to be worthwhile.

[quote user="Cassis"]Anybody in B&B take these?  I've had a couple of enquiries this year asking if we take them and haven't lost any bookings by not doing so - do you get featured in any sort of guide in return for taking these?  There's a 1% and minimum 2€ charge each time you return them to ANCV and payment takes 21 days, so it needs to bring in business to be worthwhile.

[/quote]

We have been taking them for donkey's years. It is just a service we offer but we do take a fair amount of payments by this method. You will be charged 1% as you say, with a minimum but we save them up and send them off at intervals when we have a decent amount worth sending off. They have modernised the cheque from 2007 and the address has changed but of course that won't affect any new CV people. You can go in some guide books,  it is a long time since I looked but if I remember correctly I think it was a little too dear to be of use. Don't think there is a book in which one is put in free but as I said, it is a long time since we started with them.

We take them more as a service to be honest. Many firms offer them to staff and on one weekend we had the whole bureau and everyone paid their two night stay by C.V. OK you lose 1% but we get by, even with that loss [:)]

Let me know if you (or anyone else) want any further details.

Thanks, Miki.  On the basis of what you've said I think we'll apply for the adhérence to ANCV but make acceptance of CdV conditional on a minimum 2-night stay (assuming this does not break any rules).  It costs nothing to join, I gather.  I've just received an email from ANCV saying to join them we should get an application form from GdF rather than from them directly (we are with Gdf, as you know).

Cassis,

Is it really worth any hassle, to seperate those who pay by CV to those that pay by cheque or cash ? I only say this, as once you are with CV, you will need to tell  G de FR and you will have that flying thing or whatever it is (just had a look, it looks like an Eagle flying over the CV), in your publicity with Gde Fr. So some people will see it, book and only when leaving, throw the book at you, so to speak [:)]

It is all pretty self explaining and in fact a lot easier now than it was years ago. I never knew you could apply through G de Fr but I guess it makes sense, although the CV cheques are taken almost anywhere these days.

[quote user="Miki"] I never knew you could apply through G de Fr but I guess it makes sense, although the CV cheques are taken almost anywhere these days.

[/quote]

Only if your accommodation has a G de F or Clévacances accreditation! Mine hasn't and I can't therefore join the ANCV and take them.

Yes.  If you are with Gites de France (like us) then ANCV will tell you to get the application form from your relais, not from them.  If you are not with Gites de France but are classified by the prefecture I believe you get the form straight from ANCV.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Susan"][quote user="Miki"] I never knew you could apply through G de Fr but I guess it makes sense, although the CV cheques are taken almost anywhere these days.

[/quote]

Only if your accommodation has a G de F or Clévacances accreditation! Mine hasn't and I can't therefore join the ANCV and take them.

[/quote]

Yes but I meant from an overall picture. C.V cheques are taken in many, many places, not just B&B, which are really just a minute part of their use.

Hi There,

We take them and the only condition we make is that they can only be used to pay for accommodation and not meals. This has caused no problems and if it means the difference in getting the booking cos you do and not getting it the 2% is well worth it.

Hope that helps.