Belmer Travel Agency - SCAM??

mark23200

Don't suppose it mentions paying with a credit card by chance? International cheque is another but more rare request.

There are loads of people doing scams with various 'plots' but they eventually end up with asking you to take a credit card for not just your stay but for their 'agent' who is organising the guess travel or similar and then you send on the money usually by Western Union (because the money can't be traced). Next thing you know the cards nicked and they take the money back and you ar left a lot worse off than when you started.

The best precaution if yu are worried that it may be real is just to say that you are interested, have availability and that you either don't take credit cards or you use PayPal. Chances are you will never hear from them again.

The last one I had was apparently from Coventry spelt Coventery Great British Islands and in the 'To' part of the email it had been sent to address's Canada and Australia and the content said these people were desperate to stay in our area. Bit of a geographical difference I thought.

Many thanks for the replies!!

Yes, we googled and couldn't find anything!

Yes, they asked to pay by credit card...I answered the e-mail with the fact that we don't take credit cards and that if they wished to talk terms, we would call them if they gave a telephone number.  Needless to say, we haven't heard anything since!!

The way it was written, I would have thought they were American - or at least that was how it was worded, if you know what I mean.

Thank you very much for your help,

Jo