Another suspicious enquiry

At the risk of starting off yet another long thread on the subject of bogus enquiries, this is one we received the other day:

Attention: Sir,Madam,

I am Mr.Edward Eke From London.I want to book reservation in your hotel
from 15th of April Till 25th of April 2007.Please get back to me if these
dates are free and if you can accommodate us,we need 3 double rooms for 6
guests.Get back to me with the total cost for the entire booking for the
10nights.

Kind Regards,
Mr.Edward Eke.

Sounds good and we could certainly do with a 10 night 3 bedroom booking in April, but call me cynical, it does seem oddly worded (sir/madam and the fact that we are not a hotel) and very late in the day for 6 people to book a 10 night holiday. So I had a quick look on Google and found that the name "Eke" is one favoured by our Nigerian friends (there is a list of these names at www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Nigerian/names_E.htm) so I am not holding out much hope.

We always ask for a booking form with address and telephone number so we can always check.

Has anyone else been approached?

Yes - know him and all his mates!  This is the latest and best - should the ending be KINKIEST regards?[:D]

Greetings,
 I enquire for reservations for 5 couples coming for their honey moon
at your property,I would like you to get back to me
  with the following.
 1. The availability of the dates
 2. The Daily cost for the required dates
 3. The total cost for the lenght of their stay.
 4. Do you accept credit card payment.
 The arrival date for the couples will be 4th july and they will
depart on 14th july 2007 ,Their stay will last for 10 days.
 do  get back to me with the requirements as stated above.
 Kindest Regards,
 Mr William

Thanks Cerise.

That's put paid to the dinner out at the 4 star restaurant on the back of the money we would have earned. Back to the tin of lentils then.

By the way, is that a "spotty dog" in the picture (the eyes are fading fast!). It's just that the wife has had english setters all her life and just for a minute I thought it might be one.

Cheers

Sorry to ruin your dreams of wealth - yes that is Trevor the LF rescue dalmatian.  He is orange spotted (an unacceptable colour) but he is a real dalmatain.  Orange is an OK colour in setters don't know why not in dalis.  He and Kiri (whi is blackspotted) guard the B &B and look set to disturb the peace of all them honeymooners[:D]

Just had to find out what the sting was so we sent a "lovely" reply - I know, we are now going to get hundreds of spurious bookings!

Anyway here is the response;

Attention:

Thanks for your E-mail, my clients really love to stay in your hotel. I have made an arrangement with a car Agent, who will supply the delegates with cars they will use during their stay, after discussing with the Car Agent he told me that it will cost the sum of 6,200 EUROS  to supply cars for the clients.

Because of security reasons and confidentiality, I have decided that only one person will have to handle the Visa account information. I will pay you 50% of your Charge and the remaining 50% will be paid upon arrival. So once you are in receipt of the Visa Account Information, after charging your 50% also deduct 6,200 EUROS  for the Car Agent whose information will be forwarded to you once this is confirmed. From my Visa Account information,Get back to me ASAP, immediately I hear from you.

I will not hesitate to forward you my Visa Account information for you to charge your 50% and deduct  6,200 EUROS for the Car agent. Bear in mind that our arriving date is 15th April and our departure date is 25th April, don’t disappoint us please.

Best regards,
Mr.Edward Eke.

What are they hiring - Rolls Royces!!!!

Anyone want the booking???

[quote user="Richard and Alex"]

the Car Agent he told me that it will cost the sum of 6,200 EUROS  to supply cars for the clients.

What are they hiring - Rolls Royces!!!!

[/quote]

Obviously your Edward has a better job than Cassis's Alice