CdH or gite near Boulogne sur Mer

Hi

I am planning a trip to our place in the Vendee & want to travel from Dover to BsurM. I am looking for a CdH or gite for 2 nights  (1 person)around 20/7/07 & 4/08/07. I cannot confirm these dates just yet as I am waiting for exact dates from our builder. Please advise if you can help.

Thanx very much

Postie

It's not a gite or a CdH but we stay in the Etape hotel next to LeClerc at Boulonge when travelling from Charente to the UK.

It's clean, comfortable and only cost 50 euros a night with breakfast (for 2) and you don't have to book - just pay by credit card in the machine at the door! There are lots of nice restaurants in Boulogne for evening meals.

Thanx for the reply Zeb, I will stop in there if I don't get anything more suitable. I was hoping someone with a B&B (up to 50kms south would do nicely) would let me of their B&B  'cause I'd rather help an individual than one of these big businesses if at all possible. I have a serious aversion to BIG BUSINESS, think they are directly responsible for a lot of the world's ills.

Postie

hi,

we have stayed at the hotel faidherbe (small family run B&B just over the bridge opposite the port in boulogne) very nice friendly french welcome.

and also the blue cottage hotel (next to the indoor market) in le touquet. again a very good welcome. both about 55 euro a night and both accept dogs if you have any. have a good trip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...