solar lights

Wilko

We also have them and as we live in the depths of the woods, we find that they provide enough light to get into the house when it is pitch black. The one thing to remember is that you will need to change the rechargable batteries in them every 2 years or so.

I use mine to help me find the door etc iun the dark!  Mine are bog standard from HB in the UK and have been in use for at least 4 years without any battery change.

My neighbours say they make the house look occupied when we are away!

Last summer bought a lamp which changes colour on its stem which has caused much interest from the English and French, unfortunately had sold out (woolies) when I popped back, maybe next year.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jars

I bought them on offer at Auchan....8 for 10 euros, thought if they are crap it doesn't really matter. They are complete crap, in terms of real illumination but to find the path from the car park to the house, especially for the clients they do suffice.

Since my OP I have been looking at SLs from a german company called Wagner, maybe they play the odd opera as well !! The name was given to me by a belgian client who said that she had installed them throughout her garden and they work really well, they appear to be between 25/40 euros each so I am going to try a couple and will let you know, if of interest.

Rgds

Wilko

Useless for anything other than marking a path.  Brico Depot currently have an offer of 8 for about 15€.  Brushed aluminium stalks and caps,  brighter and whiter  LED "bulbs" than others we've tried.  We bought the same from them this time last year and they still stay lit all night.  But the rechargeable batteries will doubtless need changing eventually (as said).

This may seem like a really dumb question, given the previous comments about them not being very bright, but do they cause any light polution?

We are in a very isolated position, and sometimes we turn off all the lights at the house and lie on the sunloungers gazing at the stars, looking out for satellites and shooting stars.

If we installed solar lights, would they affect the ability to see the stars at night?

[quote user="CatherineS2"]

This may seem like a really dumb question, given the previous comments about them not being very bright, but do they cause any light polution?

We are in a very isolated position, and sometimes we turn off all the lights at the house and lie on the sunloungers gazing at the stars, looking out for satellites and shooting stars.

If we installed solar lights, would they affect the ability to see the stars at night?

[/quote]

They do slightly catherine, but we just move to the top of the garden with a bottle of wine and a travel rug ;)