Client Warning

Quillan

Recieved from Clevacances.:

Prudence : escroquerie !

Madame Valérie DANIEL (49125 BRIOLLAY) se fait passer pour un contrôleur Clévacances au niveau national (depuis 12ans...).
Elle arrive de très mauvaise humeur, et est agressive, dit que rien ne va dans l'hébergement...qu'elle fera un rapport en haut lieu...à moins que l'on consente à un rabais...

ATTENTION CAR IL N'EXISTE PAS DE CONTRÔLEUR NATIONAL CLÉVACANCES !

May well try it on with GDF CDH and Gites as well.

Did you say 'discount'...? She would get no change from Arnold here then (Scottish descent you see...)

She sounds like the member of a certain party of Germans who stayed here during August - very nasty piece of work they turned out to be. If only we accommodation providers had our own 'blacklist website' to warn other establishments...[6]

Expose the noxious minority to other owners?  It has crossed my mind before to alert other owners in the area to "no-shows" etc.  The only thing that stops me is the practical aspect of checking every enquiry against a blacklist.  We do that for our own purposes using a couple of rules in Outlook to alert us if someone we don't want back enquires again, but that could not be integrated across owners.  Unfortunately. [:(] 

[quote user="cassis"]Expose the noxious minority to other owners?[/quote]

And the rest of the travelling community as well Cassis; but so far it ain't allowed. Pity, we would all have some verrry interesting tales to tell that other accommodation owners would love to hear.

Along the same note; I know to avoid places like Ibiza and certain spots in Greece and Cyprus at certain times of the year after having read what the locals have said about the 'tourists'. I'd love to know what the hotel manager's of where those yobs stay have to say about their 'guests'....

Give me time though - it's on the cars for sure[;-)]

www.homelidays.com also allows owners to write reviews about guests as well as vice versa.  The only trouble is, the guests have to have joined the site first.  We've had several bookings from that site, all members and all good.  The only no-show we had turned out not to have joined when I went to write my atrocious review about him!

They have changed their website quite a bit, sort of bought it in to the 21st century as it where. Part of the website is for owners/members. The first thing that hits you when you login are warnings about potential problems like guests doing a runner, constantly not turning up, cheques bouncing etc, etc.

So whilst its not a forum there is some very practical information about people whom other members have had problems with. The one I posted was for this month (September) so this particular person is 'doing the rounds' now as it were. In this particular instance I doubt if they restrict themselves to just Clevacances. They may for instance threaten you with contacting the regional or head office of GDF if you don't give them a discount (I had to look the word discount up as I don't know what it means, it does not exist in my vocabulary [;-)] ). We have had one or two things sent to us by GDF over the last three years but there is definatly more information on the Clevacances website. But then its new so how long they keep it up to date one can only guess.