computerised booking system

Yvonne

Hi,

I'm looking for a fairly basic booking system that I can use on the PC (not necessarily on line). One that'll show booings with extra 'drill down' info ie. deposits, extra beds needed etc.

Does anyone have any recommended packages to purchase? I have been recommended 'bookingboard' but I dont seem to be able to get anyone to reply to my enquiries!

Thanks!

Yvonne

We have been using a product called Easybook for many years now. There is a trial version that you can download and play around with. It's gone up in price now and comes in at around £250. It is very simple to use, gives you loads of reports on different aspects of your business like helping you decide who you get the most leads from etc. It can be customised very simply to produce all sorts of personalised documents including bills. We currently produce bills in French, Spanish, German, Dutch and English for example. You can find them HERE.

If you are looking for a 'stand alone' system for a Mac then the answer is no. If you are interested in a web based application there are two, This one and This one. Unfortunately as you will see they are rather expensive to use.

I don't know much about Macs but if you have a newer machine with an Intel Processor then you can run Windows. I found THIS article on the Apple Store website which explains what you need and how you do it and I am sure there are a few Apple users around on this forum to help you. That would allow you to use a 'stand alone' product like the one I mentioned.

[quote user="Yvonne"]I have been recommended 'bookingboard' but I dont seem to be able to get anyone to reply to my enquiries! Thanks! Yvonne[/quote]

Funny enough I have tried to get a demo download and I can't get a reply from them either. I don't think they are an English company (the menu on the English version photo and some of the English text on the website gives you that feeling but I might be wrong) which could be a problem if you want support and your technical French is not up to speed. If of course you can get hold of a demo copy.