Owners in France - Brittany Ferries

Macker

We're new to the business like an increasing number of others and have been looking at renting our gites through third party agencies. Brittany Ferries 'Owners in France' package looks like an attractive proposition and I'm sure there are many others that offer a similar service. What has been the experience of all you experienced gite owners out there, who is the best at filling your vacant properties? (and I don't blame you if you don't want to tell me!) or is it best to try to go direct and market your property with your own small ads, or a combination of the two?
Most interesting reply wins a weekend helping me to plumb four bathrooms!

I have thought about Owners in France a number of times but never actually advertised with them. We have a small property and would need to attract a substantial amount of business to make their charges worthwhile. Fine for an expensive Villa but not suitable for us. I have found that you will never get sufficient interest from one advertising outlet only and it pays to spread your ads around. Which is best is anyone's guess but read through some of the postings on here as there have been quite a few comments over the last few months. The other thing I have against Owners in France is that it is a brochure, so by its nature, you have to submit copy about August or September of the previous year. I know someone else commented on this in respect of Chez Nous, by the time it hits the book stalls many weeks were already booked.

Liz (29)