Changeover Jobs

Causette

LAST EDITED ON 15-May-04 AT 08:14 PM (BST)

Evening, fellow Gite Owners!

I've been over at our little cottage today, seeing out one lot of (thankfully, happy) guests, and seeing in the next lot a few hours later.

Whilst I was washing, polishing, bedmaking etc... I wondered what your least favourite job is on Changeover day.

Me? I hate cleaning out the little hair trap thingy in the plug hole in the shower. I hate it more than cleaning the loo. In fact, I hate cleaning the shower full stop.

My very favourite jobs are polishing the old sideboard, and picking wild flowers for the vase.. I'm very lucky, in that I have put flowers in the cottage every week we have had guests (even in the winter), and I've never had to buy shop flowers!

JudyM (14)

Hi Judy

>
An excellent likeness if I may say so

I'm with you on the shower. I also hate cleaning the loo and making up the beds, particularly fighting with the double duvet.

Just curious, is all the cleaning you mention in addition to what the clients have already done, or are you undertaking all cleaning yourself?

Liz

Yes, I hate the shower thingy too. And cleaning out the oven - I heave a sigh of relief every time guests say they hate cooking and are going to eat out all the time! The ones that use the oven always make such a mess of it and then burn it on really well! Mostly they all leave the fridge okay.