Help!

LAST EDITED ON 27-May-04 AT 12:25 PM (BST)

LAST EDITED ON 27-May-04 AT 12:24PM (BST)

To Gite owners in Limousin, Dordogne or anywhere else down that way which is hilly, has plenty of historical stuff (not churches or "glass case" type museums or art museums though) and where canoeing is possible. Alternatively, Languedoc Roussillon, Ardeche, Provence.

We have a dilemma.

We usually camp in France for 3 weeks in the summer. However, the wheel fell off our trailer tent and we are having problems getting it repaired and now my husband is suggesting it is not worth repairing. So we have to look at alternatives.

So does anyone have a Gite available for 1 week or 2 week stays between 19 July and 7 August. We would prefer 1 week bookings but accept that some people may prefer two week bookings. We would normally camp for between 4 and 10 nights depending on how interesting an area is, but could do 2 weeks if an area seemed to have enough to see within a 2 hour drive.

I realise now that everyone is completely booked up by now.

We would need a double bedroom and either 2 singles or a room with twin beds or bunk for our 16 year old daughter and 13 year old son. Or something with a bed settee in the living room and suitable beds for the children would also be suitable. We are not looking for anything luxurious - as long as we have the same facilities as when camping - we will be fine - some where to sit, somewhere to cook, somewhere to eat, somewhere to wash.

If you have vacancies during that period please could you send me a personal message with details and price.

By the way, a mobile home would be fine too. I just can't do the sort of camping where you have to lie on the floor - proper beds in trailer tent - off the ground with sponge mattresses.

Thanks.

Jill (99)

LAST EDITED ON 27-May-04 AT 05:31 PM (BST)

Have you tried Gites de France? I wouldn't waste time with their web site (other than to find a phone number) but a direct appeal to the Regional office might come up with something. I know this is what the French do. You could also try the tourist offices direct in selected towns.

Liz (29)