Is Chez Nous in financial trouble?

Danglar

In the past decade I have been receiving the advert final proof in July with a request to return it with the balance payment by the end of August/ beginning of Sept.
This time the form has been stamped to show that it was to be returned with the balance payment by...20th July!
I found it strange and thinking that perhaps a clerk had stamped the wrong date I got on the phone and called them. In fact I called several times without ever managing to go past a recorded message. So I left a message in their mail box and later also sent 2 faxes.
At long last came their reply to the effect that this year they have been extreeeemely efficient and so they want to finalise everything much much earlier than in the past! Mmmh....

Maybe you have all found Chez Nous to be really good. I ended up paying 2/3rds of the cost of a half-page advert when I purchased my gites as a good will gesture to the previous owner who had shelled out about 1250 for the ad. I have not had one booking through this although it is possible the previous owner has not passed all of the enquiries on. But my goodwill on the subject has run out!!

CaroleS (16)

They are not as good as they were when John Smith was running it, but they still get us the majority of our bookings. They are also expensive compared to internet advertising but there are so many sites it is hard to pick the ones that will get the bookings in.

I get the impression that the new earlier deadline for a discount has backfired, and they are now struggling to fill the brochure.

Regards

Charles
http://www.lesflamands.com/hr