Who has advertised our gites for sale?

Fil

Hi,

my husband went out to the local DIY and met a friend who asked him why we were selling our gites?  Of course, he said we weren't, but someone has flipping well advertised them for sale!  The friend told us she had it from someone else (of course) who knew someone who had seen them for sale in a magazine!  And there was a price on them too!  So, basically, some total stranger has taken a picture of our gites (they are near enough to the lane to do this easiy) and had the cheek to advertise them for sale in an english magazine!  There are several questions I am asking myself - why?  Who?  Where?  The mind boggles.  Anyone else had this happen?  Did you find out who did it?  Could it be dodgy estate agents thinking they look nice and will attract buyers and they can then say 'oh, that is sold but we have some others'.  I have no clues to this.  But am pretty cross as you can imagine!

Fil

Unfortunately several property agents continue to advertise houses for some time - years even - after they have been sold - not all, I hasten to add. This attracts customers who are told 'sorry that one is no longer available, but we can show you these...'.

Our first French house continued to be offered by one agent (NOT the one we bought it from of course   for some time after we took possession. At least, until I had a word with French Property News...