Brittany Ferries-Owners Abroad

Chris_Haze

We'd be interested to hear other users experience of advertising with Brittany Ferries - Owners Abroad and whether you think the expense is justified because you have received a good number of enquiries, or bookings or not!

Our small gite is now ready for this season and we are looking at all the ways to advertise it with Brittany Ferries being the preferred option at the moment. If we sign up for next years brochure now, we will be put on their website for this year free of charge (plus next year too in case anyone asks).

We'd love to get your opinions.

Thanks in advance

Hazel and Chris

I know a lot more people that it did absolutely nothing for, than those it has been useful for, so yer pays yer money etc. Personally, when we had gites in the south west, it really did not work for us, nor any friends or acquaintances.

Thanks Miki

This is exactly the sort of honest answer that we were looking for. Brittany Ferries are asking for just under £500., so we have to weigh up all the pros and cons.

It'll be interesting to see what other responses we get too.

Regards

Hazel and Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for taking the time to reply, it really is interesting to see such varied opinions. We have also been taking a straw poll of people we know and the general opinion seems to be that you have to advertise somewhere, and Brittany Ferries/Owners Abroad reach a very large section of the market and most peoples experiences/enquiries/bookings have been good.

So, we are going to go ahead with them and will let you know what our experiences are.

Thanks again

Hazel

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am in my second year with OwnersinFrance website and this year I AM NOT PLEASED with them at all.  To be fair, they are trying to make up for what they have done, a bit.

We paid our money as usual last year, and got lots of enquiries from our other advertising and then one day not so long ago I was browsing and did a search on each site we were on to see where we would crop up.  We did NOT crop up anywhere in any search I did with OIF.  I was horrified.  This, indeed, explained why we were not getting enquiries.

This is what they said when I phoned. "Ah - but you have three properties sleeping 19.  You would be on the search under 19".  I was disgusted.  Who on earth puts in a search for properties sleeping 19?  Not many people is the answer.  They said they would put me in under 8.  They emailed to say they had done this and I had appeared on a search.  I checked.  We were not under 5, 6 or 8 or even , now under 19.  It was late then.  I sent them a furious fax.  I phoned them the next day and they assured me I was there.  I checked and this time I was, but only under 8.

They said their boss would get back to me when she got back from holiday and eventually she did - must have been a long holiday.  I suggested that as with our other advertisng we should appear under all four amounts and she amended it for me.  Why, I wondered, could this not have been done in the first place.  She now has emailed me with further sops to my fury.  I have accepted them but I am NOT PLEASED, and unless they offer me free advertising next year, in compensation for their total cock up, I do not think I will be repeating the experience.

You do not expect a big company like them to be so incompetent, do you, where so many people's livelihoods are at stake?

Fil