Requirements for renting out your property

Bonjean

Please can you help me, I am new and I have tried to trawl through to find out the info but it wouldnt let me get past the first few pages!!

We bought our house in the Auvergne over a year ago but so far only family and friends have stayed there, other than ourselves of course.   However we are thinking of renting it out next year for holiday rentals.  What are the legal requirements, I know we have to register the property to rent it out and have adequate insurance, but is there any extra work we have to carry out on the house to comply with any regulations etc?

Thank you for any help.

Michelle

AFAIK there aren't any particular regulations unless you have a swimming pool. It is not always necessary to register the property depending on local requirements so check with the Mairie. If you let through a management company they may have particular requirements.

In your own interest you will want to check that everything is safe, in working order and arrangements in place if things go wrong. You will need an inventory. Make sure that you have a clear contract with your clients and lots of information on the property and area when they get there.

Liz (29)

One important bit of paperwork is to ensure your guests have their own insurance liability cover. If they have a reasonable travel insurance, they will be covered. This is because your property insurance whilst paying out, will seek to recover any damages from the user, if negligent. I have a clause on my booking form telling clients to get this.