Sophisticated scam

woods2

I was going to ask what people are doing these days re payment on arrival. I know from a while back that Ian was aghast at the thought of it but if runners are popping up it does seem prudent to have some means of getting payment before the key is handed over.

At present, we already have CC details for the bulk of our arrivals but charge upfront for the entire stay those that have used Maestro cards (ie cards starting with a 6) as we can't use those later on to charge after the people have left. Drivebys too get hit with a bill on arrival (in practice I'd be quite happy to take just a CC number & expiry date but having the cash in my bank account rather than their does seem better).

Any idea of the level of fraudelent cheques vacances? We've had a bit of a jump in people paying with them of late.

Arnold

"Any idea of the level of fraudelent cheques vacances? We've had a bit of a jump in people paying with them of late."

I have to say we don't take them so I would not know. We have only been asked once in three years if we accept them so not taking them does not appear to be a problem. As I said before if you take to many different things it makes life difficult.