EDF in Gites

Tillac

EDF will suppy you with a 3-phase supply, to supply 3 gites. It will be on one meter & one satnding charge. I assume that you are intending to supply one gite from each phase. Are you sure you want to do this, as balancing the supply will be a nightmare? Why not feed one single-phase supply to all the gites, this will cost you less in installation and (I believe) standing charges.

If this is a new supply (ie no existing meter) then you will need a CONSUEL inspection before EDF will connect you.

I'm not sure why you want a three phase supply unless it is for Option Tempo? If it is then you will save quite a lot on your standing charge and summertime consumption, but remember that the power is measured over the three phases, ie an 18Kva supply is limited to 6Kva per phase. (thank you, Punch, I think it was about four years ago!) If you use one phase per gite that's fine, there's no obligation to balance the consumption per phase. 6Kva per gite works fine for us.

All the financial advantages of Option Tempo can be wiped out if you need electric heaters and have gite guests during a couple of cold weeks in the November - March period and your rental doesn't reflect this. There's only one meter, and I think on ours you can read the usage of each phase individually if you wish.

sc