Another Scam?

Smiley

I have been getting constant enquries from someone called Chris Coat Howard requesting my property for 3 months. I have told him it is for holiday lets so he has now reduced his request to 5 weeks . Like the scam mentioned previously he has said he will have laptops with the party that will need to be used. I politely told him that we require cleared funds  a minimum of 6 weeks in advance with a 25 % deposit immediately. Paid by bank transfer or Paypal which must be cleared before we will confirm any bookings.

I think it may be a scam has anyone else heard of this guy or very similar?. Any advice?

PayPal is not a safe method of payment if you have any doubts about the payer. Depending on the credit card laws in the payer's country, if they have paid using  credit card funding, a chargeback can be made up to several months after the money has landed in your own account.

(Please note : I personally think PayPal is wonderful, it's only in the circumstances above I would avoid it!)

A Western Union instant transfer is safe - you collect cash at the nearest agency (most main La Postes in France). This isn't the same as WU money orders - they can be counterfeit.

Jo