Grants to cresate gites

emma

Your departmental Gites de France office will be able to tell you how to proceed.  The grants come from the Conseil General and may not be available in some areas where there are already plenty of holiday gites, but it's worth a try wherever you are.  You need to understand that even if you are successful, no money is handed over until you have finished the job, it has passed inspection by Gites de France, and the Conseil General have examined all your building invoices.

Rule 1.   Do not start any actual work until you have applied for a grant and received an indication that your application is under consideration.

Rule 2.  Make sure every aspect of your proposed design complies with Gites de France minimum specifications (size of bedrooms, living space, bathrooms, wheelchair access for larger gites, etc.)

Rule 3.  Do not break either of the first two rules.

You will need to put together a dossier showing what you intend to

build together with builder's estimates and a written favourable opinion from

the local head of Gites de France.  The letter of application is easy

because Gites de France give you an example to copy.  I can't remember all the other stuff you have to do because it's some time back since I did it, but I got 12,200 euros grant towards 2 gites a few years ago.

Patrick