Anyone tried ebay?

JJ

Has anyone out there used ebay to sell unsold weeks?

I have just checked out the site, I searched "holidays france" and got 80 hits.

However, when I looked at them, most of the listings had no bids or just one bid, also most were "buy it now" at a fixed price.

I would interested to hear if anyone has any success in selling weeks this way.

I am not desperate as we are fully booked, but it may be a way of shifting the odd unsold week or week in the low season.

Many thanks

tried last month, got really excited as I could see there were 20 people watching it, ie had clicked it into their ebay to track it, I felt sure that someone would go for it, after all it was first week summer holidays, property sleeping 13 with a pool, not a sausage.

I've tried twice before, but no luck, but I do know people with more ebay experience who have succeeded in selling rental homes in France this way, but they are more clued up on how to market their property through ebay. I'm a bit of a novice.

Parsac23, when I had a late cancellation one year for a week of the summer holidays in my big house sleeping 12 with pool I placed an ad in the Saturday Daily Telegraph and got a fantastic response - the week had sold by 9am the day the paper came out. It isn't cheap (£75 for a fewlines) and I'm not sure how it would work for out of Peak weeks, but I would definitely use them again rather than ebay - I also got a very good price for the property.

I have had the reverse experience - the Telegraph cold called me in January and I placed 2 ads in the weekend holiday supplement - not even a sniff of an enquiry.

Recently I have been advertising on ebay, with specific weeks auctioned. No one has actually bid, thank goodness, that would push the fees up, but it has generated some interest and both this week's guests are ebay enquirers. I have been pleasantly surprised how many hits we are getting.

The booking were so slow this year I was willing to give anything a try for a fiver.

It certainly gives Chez Nous a run for it's money.