Property Insurance...

zeltus

Has anyone any recommendations for Property Insurance, to include PLI for our gites?

We're currently insured with AGF who we are desperately dissatisfied with (we've never made a claim but the premiums keep going up) - we WERE insured with AGF for car, health, motorcycle and property and altho' we're gradually manaing to move away from them, each attempt to cancel a policy has met with staunch gallic shrugs :-{ until we put in a lot of staunch british persuasion.

Who invented this god-awful law if having to give x months notice by registered post anyway? Can you imagine trying to inflict such a law in the UK? Much as I love France, sometimes I'm astounded at the general lack of concern for us customers, who are just some sort of milch-cow to them.

So hopefully, someone will point me to someone friendly and helpful - certainly in our time here, the concept if "Customer Service" is catching on, albeit oh-so-slowly.

Cheers

Bill

Hi Bill

We had a similar situation with ever increasing premiums with AGF. When I showed them an alternative car quote they magically manged to give me a reduction of just over 100 euros but to be honest they had already soured our relationship.

We decided to go with Pacifica via our bank Credit Agricole for all of our insurances to try to simplify matters if we were to make a claim, say for something household that was stolen from the car.

We've never made a claim which I always think is when you find out just how good your insurance company is.

Benjamin

It may just be our local agent who is good, but we've been with AXA for

these four years past and have found them to be very good. Six months

after we first insured with them the house was struck by lightening,

which fried a selection of electrical equipment. They quibbled about

nothing and the damage was sorted out very quickly.

We've sought other quotes, but no-one has come in significantly cheaper.

Zeltus asked:  Who invented this god-awful law if having to give x months notice by registered post anyway? Can you imagine trying to inflict such a law in the UK? Much as I love France, sometimes I'm astounded at the general lack of concern for us customers, who are just some sort of milch-cow to them.

See it in another way.  In France, you get continuous cover.  If you forget to pay your premium, you still have cover.  In the UK, if you forget to pay, you are stuck.

Hi Bill; I agree with Benjamin and have everything under the one roof with pacifica thru the bank. And as the staff are english, it was a doddle (no it's not britline!!). Oh by the way, they do the Gite bit too that you need.