Month in a gite, near Calais, with dogs.

Megan le Fey

I know that there has been a thread on here iro dogs in gites/b&b's but it got a bit acrimonious so I don't want to go back there.

My husband's health suggests that we may be forced to return (after about 30 years abroad) to UK.  We are too old to be bothered to do anything quickly (especially as we don't really want to go) and feel that it will probably be towards the end of the year that we move.  The leisurely way to do things seems to be to give up our rented home in the Dordogne and move up to the general area of Calais and stay in a gite for a month or so during which time we can physche ourselves up to the move, sell our French car,  then one of us can pop across the channel and buy an English car, come back to France and, when we just cannot procrastinate any longer, (No, No,not tenants from hell,  I am just talking about few extra out of season days, not weeks or months) put the passported dogs in the English car and go.

My real question is, what are our chances of finding a gite near Calais for four to six weeks, out of season with two Great Danes who will expect to live in the house with us, or more likely, [:P][:D]will expect you to allow us to live in the house with them.

I am not asking for offers, that will come later and thru more appropriate channels(sorry, no pun intended).  I am rather asking for views from gite owners and suggestions.