Screwfix orders

Gunner

I am going back to Guildford, Surrey in February to collect a large Screwfix order. If you would like me to bring anything back for you then look at there website on www.screwfix.com and email me with your order.

I will not charge anything for bringing your order back but you will need to pick it up from me in St Jean D'Angely.

I was contacted not long ago by Screwfix because I'd enquired about deliveries to France, and the implication was that they were considering establishing a French connection. Not sure if that's progressed any further (this was two or three months ago) but as a faithful Screwfix customer I'd welcome not only deliveries direct to addresses in France, but also access to French specification items (electrical and plumbing mainly) at sensible prices. I might contact them again.

Just realised, having read another post, that Screwfix is part of the Kingfisher group . . . which also owns Brico Dépôt and (part-owns) Castorama, as well as Darty and But. "Screwfix France", set up by the group in 2000, appears to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Anyone know if they just gave up on the idea?

[quote user="Thumper"]Just realised, having read another post, that Screwfix is part of the Kingfisher group . . . which also owns Brico Dépôt and (part-owns) Castorama, as well as Darty and But. "Screwfix France", set up by the group in 2000, appears to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Anyone know if they just gave up on the idea?[/quote]

France's equivalent of Screwfix called "Dynastock" went out of existance last year due to lack of orders. They were targeted at professionals and artisans . I still have their catalogue (very similar to Screwfix but MUCH thinner) and used to order from them regularly . IMHO I think they probably folded due to lack of adequate publicity (no Website for instance) and orders had to be either by telephone or fax. I think they could have had a good market with expat brits here.

Paul

Have to say that I like using ScrewFix for UK work. Efficient, fair prices, good delivery and good after-sales service. If they could offer the same (internet-based) service in France, I am sure it would be a winner with Brits renovating French property. No doubt French people building and renovating would also soon catch on.

I have suggested this a couple of times to ScrewFix on their feed-back site. Perhaps if lots of us wrote to them in the same way, they might look at it again.  Ot at least they might start to stock equipment (e.g. electrical and plumbing supplies) to French specification through their existing outlet. They need to know it would be worth their while.