Hairdressing Qualifications Required

King, Bristol

We are looking to move to Dept 17 by the end of the year.  I am a hairdresser with 22yrs expieriance and want to set up a freelance busines to service ex pats in the area.  Does any body know what qualifications you need for your insurance.  My problem is that I have Apprenticship Indentures and a D32 but no other definate proof of profession.

Any advice gladly received.

Thank you

To set up any form of business here you must register with your local Chambre de Metiers or Commerce (Metiers in this case) who will decide whether or not your qualifications and experience are acceptable in France. You must attend the course to learn how to manage your business and all that entails and be warned that social charges here for the self employed are very expensive after the first couple of years trading time.

• 1 month later...
Hi, I am a qualified hairdresser working in the creuse region.

You will need your diplomers like your City and Guilds and certificate of apprenticeship. If you have these you will be fine. I have made a good business working here so you should do well here as there are many english more than I ever thought. You will need to Register your business first and the rest will follow. If you any advice just ask.

Lisa - www.lisahaircreuse.com