Micro-entreprise to reel simplifie? Have you done it?

zeb

Well, we've deregistered with the Chambre de commerce and registered with the Chambre de Metiers and have moved out of micro to reel simplifie plus accountant, TVA etc not to mention the nightmare of beaurocracy we've just put ourselves through!! Still got to do the stage and we were offered the course in English but OH has opted for the French course so that he can network! But getting Siret early as we are in the middle of jobs and accountant has wangled it!

Has anyone else done this or similar? Was it worth it? For us it means that OH can advertise and work in his chosen trade which had evolved through our previous trade. However, unless I pay cotisations in my own name I can't work legally and as I only worked part-time it just isn't worth it.

We're not sure if we're doing the right thing, but it feels the right way to go if we want our business activities to grow. The accountant says that we'll be better off - LOL he will be! But, will we?

• 3 weeks later...
    I've just changed from a micro to a EURL.  Fortunately I found a good English speaking accountant who dealt with absolutely everything. I was just told what papers to bring with me and then at the next meeting, signed hundreds of bits of paper and that was it.

It was a bit costly to start, especially having to cope with the blocked capital for the duration of the process, but accountants fees were very reasonable, plus he has applied for the various grants on my behalf.

One advantage of doing this, apart from getting the TVA man off my back, are the incentives for new business; no medical cotisations for the first year and no income tax for two years with reduced payments for a futher three years. And I seem to be able to recover TVA on stuff I bought some time ago.