Fosse or not?

tj

Hi

A property with no garden except for a small courtyard, no existing drainage, no mains drainage available, seems impossible to me to be able to install a drainage system, I have over the years seen property for sale in similar circumstance and wondered if anyone has been able to solve the problem.

regards 

My new french neighbour has a similar situation and he has installed the fosse tank itself directly outside the house in the small available area, hired someone to burrow under road outside, and negotiated with owner of land opposite to dig hole for pipework and pit (not entirely sure what for if i am honest, but he's dug a big hole, with pipes coming out and filled it with gravel and stuff (apologies for such a non technical answer) on his land and then cover up again.    However, i am not sure this will really help you because of course this process is likely to be much easier amongst french people.   sorry if this is unhelpful but he is only person i know who has installed fosse when he has technically an area of land of (Iam guessing here) less than 100 square metres - put it this way the fosse tank itself practically fills the whole area he has available.